At the beginning of each month International Staff Office holds a Welcome Meeting in Aalborg for new international staff, PhD Students, and non-employed guest researchers. You can participate in the meeting virtually if you login to https://mea.v.aau.dk/, but please note this is only possible if you are affiliated to Campus Copenhagen or Esbjerg. Please register for the meeting using the form below.
Content of the Welcome Meeting
- Short introduction to Aalborg University (AAU) and Danish (work) culture
- Practical issues connected to moving to Denmark/Aalborg
- Information about registration after arrival
- Driver's license
- Daycare and school for children
- Offers for accompanying spouses/partners
- Activities after working hours and social offers for expats
The Welcome Meeting takes place on the first Tuesday of each month (excluding a few months around holiday periods) from 11:00 to 14:30 (2:30 pm). We offer lunch (sandwiches) at 12:30. In 2017 the dates are:
- 10 January (due to Christmas Holiday the meeting is postponed to the second Tuesday)
- 7 February
- 7 March
- 4 April
- 2 May IS CHANGED TO 9 May!!
- 6 June
- 4 July
- 5 September
- 3 October
- 7 November
- 5 December
whom are the meetings aimed for
The meetings are aimed at all internationals who have not lived/worked in Denmark previously. This includes:
- Employed researchers
- Self-financed PhD Students
- Employed PhD Students
- Non-employed guest researchers staying with AAU for a longer period
International Staff Office will send invitations directly to all international staff regardless of nationality and to self-financed PhD Students and guest researchers from outside EU.
All international staff, PhD Students and guest researchers are, however, more than welcome to sign up for one of the coming Welcome Meetings, even if they have not yet received an invitation.
Welcome Meetings take place from 11:00 to 14:30 (2:30 pm). The meeting will include a lunch (sandwiches) for all participants (only in Aalborg).
only available in aalborg- Campus Esbjerg and COpenhagen can join virtually
Please note that Welcome Meetings currently only take place in Aalborg. We will evaluate the meetings and see how we can offer a similar service for staff/guests in Esbjerg and Copenhagen. Employees from Campus Esbjerg and Copenhagen can participate virtually.